Old Lady Sitting On A Rocking Chair Stock Vector - 6652968 ( Old Lady In Rocking Chair #1) Images Gallery
Oldold (ōld),USA pronunciation adj., old•er, old•est or eld•er, eld•est, n.
- far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
- of or pertaining to the latter part of the life or term of existence of a person or thing: old age.
- as if or appearing to be far advanced in years: Worry had made him old.
- having lived or existed for a specified time: a man 30 years old; a century-old organization.
- having lived or existed as specified with relation to younger or newer persons or things: Jim is our oldest boy.
- having been aged for a specified time: This whiskey is eight years old.
- having been aged for a comparatively long time: old brandy.
- long known or in use: the same old excuse.
- overfamiliar to the point of tedium: That joke gets old fast.
- belonging to the past: the good old days.
- having been in existence since the distant past: a fine old family.
- no longer in general use: This typewriter is an old model.
- acquired, made, or in use by one prior to the acquisition, making, or use of something more recent: When the new house was built, we sold the old one.
- of, pertaining to, or originating at an earlier period or date: old maps.
ancient: There may have been an old land bridge between Asia and Alaska.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its oldest known period, as attested by the earliest written records: Old Czech.
- experienced: He's an old hand at welding.
- of long standing;
having been such for a comparatively long time: an old and trusted employee.
- (of colors) dull, faded, or subdued: old rose.
- deteriorated through age or long use;
worn, decayed, or dilapidated: old clothes.
- [Physical Geog.](of landforms) far advanced in reduction by erosion or the like.
- sedate, sensible, mature, or wise: That child seems old beyond his years.
- (used to indicate affection, familiarity, disparagement, or a personalization): good old Bob; that dirty old jalopy.
- (used as an intensive) great;
uncommon: a high old time.
having been so formerly: a dinner for his old students.
- (used with a pl. v.) old persons collectively (usually prec. by the): appropriations to care for the old.
- a person or animal of a specified age or age group (used in combination): a class for six-year-olds; a horse race for three-year-olds.
- old or former time, often time long past: days of old.
Ladyla•dy (lā′dē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -dies, adj.
- a woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken: She may be poor and have little education, but she's a real lady.
- a woman of high social position or economic class: She was born a lady and found it hard to adjust to her reduced circumstances.
- any woman;
female (sometimes used in combination): the lady who answered the phone; a saleslady.
- (Used in direct address: often offensive in the singular): Ladies and gentlemen, welcome. Lady, out of my way, please.
- wife: The ambassador and his lady arrived late.
- a female lover or steady companion.
- (cap.) (in Great Britain) the proper title of any woman whose husband is higher in rank than baronet or knight, or who is the daughter of a nobleman not lower than an earl (although the title is given by courtesy also to the wives of baronets and knights).
- a woman who has proprietary rights or authority, as over a manor;
female feudal superior. Cf. lord (def. 4).
- (cap.) the Virgin Mary.
- a woman who is the object of chivalrous devotion.
- (usually cap.)
- an attribute or abstraction personified as a woman;
a designation of an allegorical figure as feminine: Lady Fortune; Lady Virtue.
- a title prefixed to the name of a goddess: Lady Venus.
- [Sometimes Offensive.]being a lady;
female: a lady reporter.
- of a lady;
Sittingsit•ting (sit′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of a person or thing that sits.
- a period of remaining seated, as in posing for a portrait or reading a book.
- the space on or in which one sits, as in a church.
- a brooding, as of a hen upon eggs;
- the number of eggs on which a bird sits during a single hatching;
- a session, as of a court or legislature.
- the time or space allotted to the serving of a meal to a group, as aboard a ship.
- (of a bird) occupying a nest of eggs for hatching.
- of, for, or suited to sitting: a sitting area in the lobby.
- holding an official position or office;
occupying an appointed or elected seat;
incumbent: a sitting pontiff.
- in session or at work;
active: a sitting legislature.
- sitting pretty, in an auspicious position: He's been sitting pretty since he got that new job.
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Rockingrock1 (rok),USA pronunciation n.
- a large mass of stone forming a hill, cliff, promontory, or the like.
- mineral matter of variable composition, consolidated or unconsolidated, assembled in masses or considerable quantities in nature, as by the action of heat or water.
- a particular kind of such matter: igneous rock.
- stone in the mass: buildings that stand upon rock.
- a stone of any size.
- something resembling or suggesting a rock.
- a firm foundation or support: The Lord is my rock.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a kind of hard candy, variously flavored.
- See rock candy.
- Often, rocks.
- a piece of money.
- a dollar bill.
- a diamond.
- any gem.
- crack (def. 41).
- a pellet or lump of crack.
- between a rock and a hard place, between undesirable alternatives.
- on the rocks:
- [Informal.]in or into a state of disaster or ruin: Their marriage is on the rocks.
- [Informal.]without funds;
- (of a beverage, esp. liquor or a cocktail) with, or containing, ice cubes: Scotch on the rocks; a vodka martini on the rocks.
- get one's rocks off, Slang (vulgar). to have an orgasm.
Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Stockstock (stok),USA pronunciation n.
- a supply of goods kept on hand for sale to customers by a merchant, distributor, manufacturer, etc.;
- a quantity of something accumulated, as for future use: a stock of provisions.
- [Theat.]a stock company: a job in summer stock.
- the outstanding capital of a company or corporation.
- the shares of a particular company or corporation.
- the certificate of ownership of such stock;
- (formerly) a tally or stick used in transactions between a debtor and a creditor.
- Also called understock. in grafting, a stem in which the bud or scion is inserted.
- a stem, tree, or plant that furnishes slips or cuttings;
- the trunk or main stem of a tree or other plant, as distinguished from roots and branches.
- the type from which a group of animals or plants has been derived.
- a race or other related group of animals or plants.
- the person from whom a given line of descent is derived;
the original progenitor.
- a line of descent;
a tribe, race, or ethnic group.
- [Ling.]a category consisting of language families that, because of resemblances in grammatical structure and vocabulary, are considered likely to be related by common origin. Cf. family (def. 14), phylum (def. 2).
- any grouping of related languages.
- the handle of a whip, fishing rod, etc.
- the wooden or metal piece to which the barrel and mechanism of a rifle are attached.
- a part of an automatic weapon, as a machine gun, similar in position or function.
- the trunk or stump of a tree, left standing.
- a dull or stupid person.
- something lifeless or senseless.
- the main upright part of anything, esp. a supporting structure.
- a former instrument of punishment consisting of a framework with holes for securing the ankles and, sometimes, the wrists, used to expose an offender to public derision. Cf. pillory (def. 1).
- a frame in which a horse or other animal is secured in a standing position for shoeing or for a veterinary operation.
- the frame on which a boat rests while under construction.
- a vertical shaft forming part of a rudder and controlling the rudder's movement.
- a transverse piece of wood or metal near the ring on some anchors. See diag. under anchor.
- the metal or wooden body of a carpenter's plane.
- material being smelted in a blast furnace.
- a metal piece to be forged.
- a specified quality or kind of paper: glossy stock; card stock; offset stock.
- the paper for printing a particular job: We don't have enough stock for that large a run.
- the raw material from which something is made.
- [Papermaking.]stuff (def. 15).
- [Cookery.]the liquor or broth prepared by boiling meat, fish, chicken, etc., with or without vegetables or seasonings, and used esp. as a foundation for soups and sauces.
- any of several plants belonging to the genus Matthiola, of the mustard family, esp. M. incana, having fragrant white, blue, purple, reddish, or yellowish flowers.
- a rhizome or rootstock.
- a compound organism, as a colony of corals.
- a collar or a neckcloth fitting like a band around the neck.
- [Cards.]the portion of a pack of cards that, in certain games, is not dealt out to the players, but is left on the table, to be drawn from as occasion requires.
- an adjustable wrench for holding dies for cutting screws.
- See rolling stock.
- [Dominoes.]boneyard (def. 3).
- See stock car (def. 1).
- [Rom. Cath. Ch.]one of a set of three metal containers for holy oil.
- [Geol., Mining.]an irregular igneous intrusion, usually an offshoot of a batholith, often mineralized.
- [Archaic.]a stocking.
- [Obs.]the frame of a plow to which the share, handles, etc., are attached.
- in stock, on hand for use or sale: There are no more blue skirts in stock.
- lock, stock, and barrel. See lock 1 (def. 12).
- on the stocks:
- under construction, as esp. a ship.
- in progress or preparation: a new novel on the stocks.
- out of stock, lacking a supply of, esp. temporarily: We are out of stock in this item.
- take or put stock in, to put confidence in or attach importance to;
trust: Considering his general unreliability, I can't take stock in what he has told you.
- take stock:
- to make an inventory of stock on hand.
- to make an appraisal of resources or prospects: She took stock of her decorating scheme and decided it was time for a change.
- kept regularly on hand, as for use or sale;
standard: stock articles.
- having as one's job the care of a concern's goods: a stock clerk.
- of the common or ordinary type;
in common use: a stock argument.
commonplace: a stock remark.
- pertaining to or designating the breeding and raising of livestock: stock farming.
- [Southern U.S.](chiefly Southern Appalachian and South Atlantic States). (of farm animals) being a fully grown male: a stock hog.
- of or pertaining to the stock of a company or corporation: a stock report.
- pertaining to a stock company.
- appearing together in a repertoire, as a company.
- forming part of a repertoire, as a play.
- being a character type fixed by convention, as in the commedia dell'-arte, a harlequinade, minstrel show, or the like.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a stock car.
- to furnish with a stock or supply.
- to furnish with stock, as a farm with horses, cattle, etc.
- to lay up in store, as for future use.
- to fasten to or provide with a stock, as a rifle, plow, bell, anchor, etc.
- to put in the stocks as a punishment.
- to lay in a stock of something (often fol. by up).
Hello folks, this post is about Old Lady Sitting On A Rocking Chair Stock Vector - 6652968 ( Old Lady In Rocking Chair #1). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 882 x 1183. It's file size is just 30 KB. Wether You want to save This photo to Your computer, you might Click here. You also too download more pictures by clicking the image below or read more at this post: Old Lady In Rocking Chair.
The utilization of this layout applies in the event you already have kids who're produced old. In case your youngsters are youngsters, you should avoid using these colors. Why? Yes obviously, to avoid the impact of dirty that induced in having fun with your preferred furniture because not him youngsters.
Especially if you have pets including dogs or cats, should prevent the use of components and furniture is not black. You'll be irritated with extra treatment. The coloring that is bright is usually quickly apparent if spots or dust. So you will soon be pleased rundown and rapidly obsolete, so no further classy, furniture.
Additional hues that you can employ not to present specific outcomes on your home furniture's usage design. You'll be able to pick brown or green leaves in case you pick Old Lady In Rocking Chair that induced the mysterious, for natural coloring. By delivering the colour dark for a stylish and sleek impression could be represented.